Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

I have a new iPhone 4S and have set it up to sync all my iPhoto pics in iTunes. However it only syncs about 60 of the hundreds of photos I have in iPhoto.

Out of the 960 photos in iPhoto it only syncs about 64. iTunes even recognises there are 960 photos but it still doesn't sync them all.

Anyone have any idea why that would be the case? I've tried deleting them all and syncing but same deal.

Last edited:

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
I fixed this by following a solution posted in another thread, I'm pasting it here for those searching in the future:

Originally Posted by pdxguy89
I kept getting the same problem shortly after upgrading to the latest software. In your iPhoto, you have to open up Finder, open Pictures folder. In it you will find iPhoto Library. Open the folder preferences (I don't know the term how to do it, but on my macbook I use two fingers to tap it open). Select "Show Package Contents" and then look for iPod Photo Cache. Take that file and trash it!! Go back to your iTunes, and sync your photos. This should work. I just tried it and I am relieved to finally get my pictures back on my iPhone!

Good Luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.