Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I'm having issues with iTunes syncing to my iPhone 6.
Some facts:
About 99gb of room left on my iPhone 6.
I have my sync settings to just sync selected playlists.
Music sample rates are all within the parameters of what should sync.
I reset my iPhone but the problem persists.
Sync issues occur whether over wifi are with a USB/lightning cable.

The problems I'm having are....
  • Not all songs from an album are syncing. For instance, all but 1 of the songs will sync. That 1 song is in my playlist on my Mac iTunes. Why won't it transfer over to iPhone?
  • 1 Artist is showing up on iPhone as multiple artists. Sometimes even splitting into 2 different artists even in the middle of an album ('Artist 1, track 1-5', 'Artist 1, track 6-10')
  • Could not get an album to sync over until I dragged and dropped into playlist for the second or third time.
  • iPhone not recognized over wifi sync. It never seems to see my iPhone yet will see the iPad that's on the wifi.

If anyone can help me with some answers here, I'd be appreciative. Hopefully, it's just a 'delete so-and-so plist file' type of thing.
Ugh. Remember when iTunes was simple...and worked!

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Since my iPhone has 128GB storage, I choose to sync everything I have in iTunes library.

You may choose to delete iTunes library on your phone, rather than on your mac. I have done this many times using iexplorer to fix strange music app crash issue, and weird library issue. (Such as those which you have)

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
You may choose to delete iTunes library on your phone, rather than on your mac. I have done this many times using iexplorer to fix strange music app crash issue, and weird library issue. (Such as those which you have)
I have iexplorer open but it's not letting me delete anything from the iPhone (music anyway).

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I have iexplorer open but it's not letting me delete anything from the iPhone (music anyway).

They don't even allow you to delete files from your phone? The function they need you to purchase is their media management function, not file management function. Go to media tab, and delete all contents in iTunes folder (make a backup before deleting them), and re-sync with iTunes. This should help.

And, if this app does not allow you to do so, try to search for other alternatives. There are many such apps in the internet, and many of them are free.

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Not able to 'delete all contents in iTunes folder' so what are some other applications maybe?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not able to 'delete all contents in iTunes folder' so what are some other applications maybe?
However i can delete contents in iTunes folder using iexplorer.
Yeah now my iTunes library works fine so i cannot do this test for you.
You can google iPhone file explorer to see if there is other alternative.
http://www.i-funbox.com/en_download.html
Here is another alternative. looks powerful, but it crashes under el capitan, so i cannot test it for you.
And, if you cannot delete all files at once, try deleting files right under "iTunes" folder. Maybe, it will work. And, delete them one by one.

zamboknee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
I tried iFunBox. It seems this program is geared mostly to jailbroken iPhones. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to reset or reboot my phone. Does anyone else think this might resolve the issue?
Also, what info will I lose if I reset my iPhone (6 with iOs 8.3)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I tried iFunBox. It seems this program is geared mostly to jailbroken iPhones. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to reset or reboot my phone. Does anyone else think this might resolve the issue?
Also, what info will I lose if I reset my iPhone (6 with iOs 8.3)
You remind me of the original purpose of this tool.
Well, if you want to restore your phone, first, all app Data will lose. Then, including the health data, touch id data, and possibly your personalised data. It is hard to list all data you would lose from your phone, because backup doesn't backup all things.
Recently I use iexplorer once again recovered my damaged library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.