iTunes not syncing iPhoto events in proper order...HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shasta McNasty, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Hello, so basically I am having a problem with getting iTunes to recognize the order in which i have my iPhoto albums set up. They are alphabetized by title and no matter what I seem to do, iTunes leaves it in a random order. I have done the quit iTunes, open iPhoto and sort them by album title, emptied the trash, choose no events etc etc and nothing seems to work. When synced on my phone they are all in random order. Was wondering if anyone has run into this problem and how to solve it? I attached a photo of what I mean when my phone is attached. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Shasta McNasty thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

^Not really the same issue. My photos will sync, just not in the order I want them to be in.

3. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I think the issues may be related though... hopefully a fix will come soon!

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I have a similar problem. My wife and I both have 3GS iPhones and some photos are out of order in the iPhoto Photos Library view. Pictures from 2011 come right at the beginning before those from 2003, and some groups of photos taken on the same day are split up.

All was fine on my Original iPhone 1, it's just since moving a a 3GS.

5. Shasta McNasty thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Went to speak to a "genius" today and he didn't really have an answer for it either. He said hopefully its just a bug and that it will be fixed in iTunes 11 when it releases. We'll see I guess.

6. willisaustin macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem. All my events are in A-Z order in iPhoto on my Mac and have always synced to my iPhone in that order, but all of a sudden they are synching in a random order. I talked to Apple Care and they said that the events should be synching by date added as opposed to alphabetical regardless of how I have them sorted in iPhoto. I explained that this has never happened before until now and they said that I must have just been getting lucky in the past with them synching in alphabetical order. Not happy with that response as I am sure it is just a cop out.

7. rdh1 macrumors newbie

Album order

Up until now, albums on my iPhone 3GS have been in the same order as in the iPhoto library I'm syncing. These were never in date order. In the past week I uograded to iPhoto 9.4.1 (was using 8.1.2 before). Now, new albums appear at the end of the album list on my iPhone. Using edit, I can change the order but this is tedious, and it's not logical given that gadgets like iPhones and iPads are meant to be extensions of your Mac. I'm sure the Ghost of Steve Jobs would agree. Come on Apple, you just need to tune in to SJ's spirit.