Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ossyrial

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Okey,
When syncing an iPod to iTunes (newest version of iTunes), it does not synchronise any movies. Obviously, I have enabled "Synchronise Films", although enabling movies does not have any effect in syncing. Strangely, iTunes shows every 'characteristic' of syncing a movie onto my iPod: It takes up space of my capacity, it is enabled, and not a single error occurs.
I've tried this with two iPods, both 3rd generation 32Gb versions. While syncing, it just doesn't show the part of syncing a movie. Whereas usually you'd see something like 'copying [name of movie]' or something like that, but now nothing like that shows up.
Any possible solutions?
Ossyrial

FlatlinerG

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Some are, some aren't. It just doesn't seem to matter.

Well that at least accounts for the ones that are HD. The iPod Touch cannot play HD movies. The SD files are a different story. Try selecting one of the videos in iTunes, then at the top of iTunes click Advanced>Create iPod version. Try and sync that file to the iPod then and see what happens.

Ossyrial

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Well that at least accounts for the ones that are HD. The iPod Touch cannot play HD movies. The SD files are a different story. Try selecting one of the videos in iTunes, then at the top of iTunes click Advanced>Create iPod version. Try and sync that file to the iPod then and see what happens.

I've tried to create iPod versions of several movies. The only problem is that the loading coloured thingie shows up and iTunes doesn't react to anything. This stays in this state for, well, quite a while.

----------

What type of files (i.e. .avi, .mpg, .wmv) are you trying to load?

I don't think it'll matter in this case, as it doesn't give an error of any type.
But yes, I am trying to sync movies that are compatible with iPod, and, coincidentally, they're all MPEG-4 files.

mlmwalt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
Philadelphia, Pa, USA
I've found that the best format for viewing on the Touch is m4v. It's actually the only one I've gotten to work. There are apps that will let you play almost any other file, I just haven't put the effort into finding the right one for me.

Yukidolllikes

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
How to sync movies on itunes

Click the movie you want to sync
go to advance and click Create Ipod/ Iphone Version ;)

nirachorn

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
About the location of the movies

Did you restore once ?
I have a problem like you about syncing movies from iTunes (V.10.7) to iPhone 4 (iOs 6), I just found the answer. It's about the location of the movies in iTunes library. I saw "!" in front of the name of the movie. When I clicked at the right click. iTunes asked about the location of that movie, I need to find the location of the original file. When I finished locating it. Closed iTunes then Open again. It's work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.