Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Latest software on all devices.

I activated my iPhone 6 from iCloud Friday afternoon at work once I got it. Everything went fine and LTE showed up in about 2 minutes. When I got home later Friday night, I was able to sync all my apps, photos from iPhoto and custom ringers I had on iTunes. Prior to that, I never messed with my iTunes settings at all.

I also checked on the first page when setting up my iPhone 6 in iTunes to manually manage music and sync over wifi, those are the only 2 checked. Now it reverts back to nothing checked each time I eject my iPhone and connect it. can't think of why it does this?

I checked the playlist I wanted to sync over in my library to transfer over to my iPhone 6. It goes through the 6 steps really fast and transfers nothing. All my music shows up but has an iCloud icon next to the song in my playlist (it also didn't transfer all the songs I had in that playlist).

it looks like this. *note, not my iPhone screen.
ios7-beta4-shuffleall.jpg

never, did I sign up for iTunes match and it's also showing that it's turned OFF in iTunes along with my iPhone. none will play unless I download them which again, are not all of them.

it looks like users on apple communities are having the same problem.

anyone else?

Jason Cox

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2012
Dallas, TX
A similar issue happened to me. I think I had to uncheck the option in iTunes to sync my music, then sync my phone, then recheck the option and perform another sync.

It's silly, but it is iTunes.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
having a similiar issue. Unchecking, rechecking doesn't solve it.
iTunes copies 12 tracks over, then finishes.
It claimes it has 7 gb of music on the phone, but in reality there's almost nothing...

MSampson

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
having a similiar issue. Unchecking, rechecking doesn't solve it.
iTunes copies 12 tracks over, then finishes.
It claimes it has 7 gb of music on the phone, but in reality there's almost nothing...

I'm seeing the same type of issue - no songs in my playlists even though I should have 7-8 gb of audio that shows up on the summary.

I tried syncing with my work laptop which has duplicate songs and in my "on my phone" tab most are greyed out with just a few showing.

Any fixes?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
well for some reason, it synced yesterday just fine when I tried it again. I re-connected my iPhone 6 and it showed up in iTunes. the items I had checked were shown as checked. I clicked the playlist I wanted to sync over, click sync and it started transferring all the music over.

I have no idea what happened and I did nothing different.

strange?

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
I have had the same thing happen to me. This works for me everytime:

1) unplug iPhone, go into settings app, turn off iTunes match
2) plug in, and now you can manually manage your music on the iPhone through iTunes "old school" style
3) start a sync, the music will go over
4) unplug iPhone, turn iTunes match back on, ignore warning about deleting your current library. This will result in showing you your full iTunes library, with the songs you just synced showing up as already downloaded

This is a big oversight from apple. I want to be able to manage music both ways. Hopefully this gets changed. I think they're really trying to move away from iTunes sync in every way possible, to inevitably get us to pay for cloud storage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.