Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rolanddes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Hello guys

I have an iPhone 5 running the latest software as of now (iOS 8.3) and a Macbook Pro with retina display Mid 2014 running OS X 10.9.5 with the latest updates and iTunes 12.12.27 (which is the latest version as of now for me)

My problem is that, after a certain point (I guess it is after iOS 8) my voice memos (some longer than 1h) stopped syncing with iTunes. There is no voice memos playlist in my iTunes like it used to be.

What I tried to do:

1- Change the name of the memos,
2- Trim some of the memos,
3- Record new memos,
4- Create a playlist called Voice Memos manualy
5- Sync my iphone to my mac countless times after every step

Neverthless, I was unsuccessful to sync my voice memos to my mac.

Now, I have 2 questions:

1- Does anyone have an answer to this problem?
2- Can someone direct me to a page that I can report this issue to Apple

Thanks in advance.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
My problem is that, after a certain point (I guess it is after iOS 8) my voice memos (some longer than 1h) stopped syncing with iTunes. There is no voice memos playlist in my iTunes like it used to be.

Just a guess, but your problem might be that you're using the current iOS with an older OS X. I've noticed that Voice Memos re-sync every single time I connect my iPhone 6 to my MBP — not just new ones; every single voice memo on my iPhone re-syncs every time — so it looks like voice memos are handled differently in the latest iOS/iTunes combo. (I've reported the re-syncing issue since iOS 8 first came out, so Apple doesn't seem to care much about it.)

Rolanddes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Just a guess, but your problem might be that you're using the current iOS with an older OS X. I've noticed that Voice Memos re-sync every single time I connect my iPhone 6 to my MBP — not just new ones; every single voice memo on my iPhone re-syncs every time — so it looks like voice memos are handled differently in the latest iOS/iTunes combo. (I've reported the re-syncing issue since iOS 8 first came out, so Apple doesn't seem to care much about it.)

Thank you jk73 for your guess. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to a new OS X at this time, due to low battery performance issues in Yosemite which do not seem to be solved yet.

However I'd love to know the url you reported your re-syncing issue. I know there's a function in Apple so that people can report problems and other people can second them. But I could not find the exact page in Apple Support or Apple Community Pages.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.