iTunes "Now Playing" Window?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ciaran00, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

How do I get a "Now Playing" window to show up? It showed up once and I can't get it back.. there doesn't seem to be a menu option or any help that describes it.

I want a window that shows album artwork with next/previous/play buttons.

I'm not talking about the panel in the bottom left. I'm talking about a separate window.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Click the 'Selected Item' title to the bottom left of the iTunes window. Double Click the Album art to make it big.

3. ciaran00 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not talking about making the album art big.

I'm talking about a "Now Playing" window with album art and Next/Previous/Play buttons that looks sort of like QuickTime X or your iPhone.

Thanks

Edit:
    The Bottom left panel has two options: Selected Item and Now Playing. Click the title bar of this panel to switch between the 2 options.
    If you double click the panel itself, if it is in Selected Item mode then it'll show you a big version of the album art
    If you double click while it's in Now Playing mode, then a big Window with album art + controls will pop up.

Voila.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's… exactly what stridemat told you to do…

jW

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Exactly...But OP Im glad your sorted.

6. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

I also use hyper dock, when you mouse hover over the iTunes icon, a pop up window will show you that art work at allow you to skip etc