Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
How do I get a "Now Playing" window to show up? It showed up once and I can't get it back.. there doesn't seem to be a menu option or any help that describes it.

I want a window that shows album artwork with next/previous/play buttons.

I'm not talking about the panel in the bottom left. I'm talking about a separate window.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Click the 'Selected Item' title to the bottom left of the iTunes window. Double Click the Album art to make it big.

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2010
I'm not talking about making the album art big.

I'm talking about a "Now Playing" window with album art and Next/Previous/Play buttons that looks sort of like QuickTime X or your iPhone.

Thanks

Edit:
The Bottom left panel has two options: Selected Item and Now Playing. Click the title bar of this panel to switch between the 2 options.
If you double click the panel itself, if it is in Selected Item mode then it'll show you a big version of the album art
If you double click while it's in Now Playing mode, then a big Window with album art + controls will pop up.

Voila.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I'm not talking about making the album art big.

I'm talking about a "Now Playing" window with album art and Next/Previous/Play buttons that looks sort of like QuickTime X or your iPhone.

Thanks

Edit:
The Bottom left panel has two options: Selected Item and Now Playing. Click the title bar of this panel to switch between the 2 options.
If you double click the panel itself, if it is in Selected Item mode then it'll show you a big version of the album art
If you double click while it's in Now Playing mode, then a big Window with album art + controls will pop up.

Voila.

That's… exactly what stridemat told you to do…

jW

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I also use hyper dock, when you mouse hover over the iTunes icon, a pop up window will show you that art work at allow you to skip etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.