Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdphifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
I apologize if this has come up before, but I couldn't find another question on it.

What are the numbers in the comments section of the iTunes info about a song? (See Below)

Are they tied to something? Will the world end if they are removed? :)

TIA!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 1.23.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 1.23.15 PM.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 225

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
I apologize if this has come up before, but I couldn't find another question on it.

What are the numbers in the comments section of the iTunes info about a song? (See Below)

Are they tied to something? Will the world end if they are removed? :)

TIA!
I'm definitely sure you can remove them without having any issues.
I don't know what the reason is for them to appear, but I did have it too when I first transfered my songs from a Windows to a Mac.
In my case I believe it was just a Windows Media Player issue. After deleting all those numbers in every song's comment section on my Mac iTunes, the problem was solved.

bdphifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
I'm definitely sure you can remove them without having any issues.
I don't know what the reason is for them to appear, but I did have it too when I first transfered my songs from a Windows to a Mac.
In my case I believe it was just a Windows Media Player issue. After deleting all those numbers in every song's comment section on my Mac iTunes, the problem was solved.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Now just have to figure out how to get rid of all that crap from about 11k songs, without having to go through each one to figure out if there is anything worth keeping.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Thanks for the quick response!!

Now just have to figure out how to get rid of all that crap from about 11k songs, without having to go through each one to figure out if there is anything worth keeping.
If I were you I would just select all songs at once in iTunes and then only check the comment section box when leaving it blank; that will get rid of all those numbers for any song at once. Unless you have some songs where you want to keep comments? I never use that field though for songs, so if you don't care about comments either, I would suggest going that way.

bdphifer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
If I were you I would just select all songs at once in iTunes and then only check the comment section box when leaving it blank; that will get rid of all those numbers for any song at once. Unless you have some songs where you want to keep comments? I never use that field though for songs, so if you don't care about comments either, I would suggest going that way.

Yeah, that's what I will probably do, just might run through it on the main screen to see if anything 'important' comes up.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.