iTunes on iOS6 keeps repeating songs.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by valentinewigin, Jul 23, 2013.

1. valentinewigin macrumors newbie

I'm going to try to explain this. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 6, I've had problems with iTunes shuffle on my phone. My phone is paired to my car and my iTunes automatically starts playing when I turn on my car. The problem is that it doesn't seem to save/register what songs it plays and where I left off, and it constantly starts from the same song every time I start my car. So if songs play in this order:

Song A
    Song B
    Song C
    Song D
    Song E

the next time I start my car, it starts at Song A again, even if I made it to Song E the last time I was in my car, and plays the same songs in the same order. It keeps backtracking to the same song instead of picking up where it left off last time I was in the car. So basically unless I skip forward, I listen to the same few songs over and over again. Occasionally it saves my progress, and starts where it left off, but then that new song becomes the song that starts every time I start my car. It's only been doing this since I upgraded to 6 a few weeks ago.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. Apple NZ macrumors member

You mean the music app, not itunes right?

I have this issue too, although not necessarily in the car. The music app seems to repeat songs whenever the app is quit. Otherwise it will resume playing from the last played song if the app is left running in the background.

3. valentinewiggin macrumors newbie

Yes, I meant music on my iphone. It's driving me nuts!

4. D1STORT1ON macrumors newbie

D1STORT1ON

Me too. It always plays the same song too and I'm SOOOOO sick of it now.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Loop song - The button on the left below the progress bar, the one that looks like two arrows in a loop, lets you set the current song to repeat over and over. To do this, tap the button so that it turns orange. The current song will repeat until you tap the button again and return it to white.

I think this answers your QS.

Source: http://ipod.about.com/od/iPhoneMusicApp/ss/Using-The-Iphone-Music-App.htm

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Not exactly correct. That button has three modes: no loop, loop one and loop all. So what you really want is to make sure it's not orange with a dot cause that is loop one

As for the first person, sounds like it could be a combo of one or more:
    You are in a playlist and don't realize it
    Your phone has software corruption borking things up (backup, erase, reload)
    Your music isn't properly synced or downloaded and those are the only full songs.
    You are connected to a car stereo system that is doing something wacky via its control software

Mostly likely guess is a combo of corruption and content issues.