iTunes on Mac not recognizing iPads/iPhone after iOS 7.0.6 update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jimlaing, Feb 26, 2014.

1. jimlaing macrumors newbie

jimlaing

I have an iPad1, iPad3, and an iPhone 4S, and I updated them all to the latest
    iOS (7.0.6). Now, iTunes on my Mac won't recognize any of them. I have tried
    all the things in the various older KB articles on this, tried several cables, re-booted, re-installed iTunes 11..4, and allt the usual troubleshooting techniques. I never get iTunes to recognize any of my devices. They all worked a week ago (before I updated iOS). Never had troubles; have connected these iPads and this iPhone to iTunes hundreds of times before.

Mac running 10.7.5.

Since none of the existing 'tricks' work, has anyone had this problem very recently, and found a solution? I hope that iOS 7.1 fixes this?!

Jim

2. sbailey4, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Looks like there is an iTunes update now that addresses some device connectivity issues. Perhaps that's the answer to your problem. Also may be a Mac issue. I see you are on an older version. Check out this thread and see if any of this helps.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1710621

3. jimlaing thread starter macrumors newbie

jimlaing

11.1.5 fixed this!

Apple's just-released-today iTunes update, 11.1.5, fixed this problem. I'm all set.
    Apparently plenty of other people were having problems with this, plus the "Trust This Computer" issue, which I'd seen but is now fixed via iTunes 11.1.5.

Jim