iTunes on Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by China cat, May 14, 2011.

1. China cat macrumors newbie

China cat

My current iTunes library is on a PC that I share with other people. The computer is rather slow and processes on iTunes are taking much more time than they should. I was thinking of buying a macbook but wasn't sure if it would be able to hold my iTunes library which has almost 3,000 songs and a good number of apps. Would the macbook be able to hold my iTunes library and would it be able to do so without making the macbook equally as slow as my PC?

2. simsaladimbamba

3,000 songs at 5MB each would take up 15GB, the current MacBooks can store that much data.
    It will also be able to play those songs quite fine and iTunes might be a bit slow (it is an overblown piece of software) but the MB will do fine.

3. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

OP must have meant to say 300,000 songs.

I have over 11 days of audio (few sounds mostly books) but it does not affect the speed of the computer. My Macbook is 4 years old.

4. China cat thread starter macrumors newbie

China cat

No, I did mean 3,000 and the exact number is 2,913 songs. Thanks for answering my question though. I'm unfamiliar with exactly how computers work. I hope to be purchasing one soon as soon as I get the money. But according to the buyer's guide I shouldn't buy one now. I don't need one urgently so I can wait a few months to see what happens.

5. Midgard macrumors newbie

Oh

Hahah that's not very many songs at all. A macbook can store a lot more than that, you'll be fine.

6. Changen macrumors member

Mine runs fine and im still adding to my library. Have about another 10,000 songs to add from my old comp. The only thing i do notice if you have album artwork it does take longer to load all the pics.

Attached Files: