Itunes On Readynas issues.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mowgli21, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Mowgli21 macrumors regular

Hi Guys

I have got a netgear readynas duo with my itunes media folder and library files on. When i open itunes it all connects fine. But when i restart the mac and open itunes it says it cant find the library folder and i have to browse to it using the "choose library" option.

I know this probably means that the nas hasn't mounted but when i go into finder before opening itunes and click on the nas under "shared" it slowly logs in and then shows me all the files.

Is there anything i am missing or anyone else got experience setting this up with a readynas?

Thanks

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

have you tried adding the NAS to your login items via system preferences > accounts > login items ?

this will ensure the NAS mounts automatically when you boot your Mac.

3. Mowgli21 thread starter macrumors regular

Just tried that to no avail. It comes up with a little box saying "Connection failed. The server"nasbox" may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection and then try again"

I have noticed when i go into finder and click on the nasbox it auto logs in but for about 2 seconds it says "connecting" and then works when i launch itunes.:confused:

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I set my NAS boxes up with a static IP address, then mount them automatically (using login items) and they've never had a problem connecting....sounds like your NAS's IP adress might have changed (using DHCP means they won't necessarily get the same IP address every time) from when you set up the login item to the next time you tried to mount it.