iTunes on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cwwilson, Mar 13, 2009.

1. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Wooooooow. Okay so I haven't synced my iPhone in a while so I thought I'd go ahead after I got some new songs. Now I had NEVER had a problem before, everything worked fine. I do recall, however, having major difficulties installing the Safari 4 Beta and after several attempts it finally went through. Anyway, I go to boot up iTunes and what do you know, it doesn't even load. I get an error saying some component of Quicktime is messed up and therefor won't load iTunes. No biggie, right? Just repair in the control panel. I did that, and opened Quicktime as normal and it seems all is fixed. Oh wait, iTunes STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. So I tried to repair that. Same thing. So I do the next most logical thing, go download the newest version. Oh the hilarity, the installer package also has problems much like Safari 4 did and is refusing to install, even in compatibility mode.

So now I can't load my current iTunes, can't repair it, and can't install the newest version. I know, I'm running a Beta OS but Vista was so bad I just had to get out of it and thought W7 would be tons better. It's not. And now it can't even run iTunes, which is sad at the lowest level.

There's probably nothing that can be done and since I'm still a ways off from getting a Mac, I guess I'll just revert back to XP unless someone here can give me some advice.

Sooo, any takers? :p

2. cwwilson thread starter macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I searched through my Quicktime folder and found out my "QTComponents" folders is empty. Is anyone kind enough to upload those files for me?

I just want to get iTunes working again.

3. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

If I tell you that I installed iTunes 8.1 on Windows 7 build 7000 without issue will it make you feel better?

The only thing I can suggest is uninstalling iTunes and QT from your computer completely, re-downloading the installer, and try from there.

4. cwwilson thread starter macrumors 65816

cwwilson

I have no idea why 8.1 won't install for me. It just says the installer package is corrupted or something and just fails.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I fixed it. I should have done this long ago but I uninstalled Quicktime and ran the iTunes 8.1 installer and presto -- errors solved.