iTunes on Windows PC

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by kagharaht, Feb 11, 2018.

1. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Does anyone here use a Windows PC with iTunes and iCloud that bought a HP? I have iPhone X and I use all the iCloud services and iTunes Match. Will it still play my iTunes Match Playlist and sync calendar or notes to my iPhone and iCloud if I ask Siri to set these? I have Windows 8 on a 3 year old HP.

2. Captain Nougat macrumors member

It works. It plays my smart playlists by voice, and you can airplay from iTunes to the HomePod. I don’t know about calendar though, I think the HP doesn’t interact with the calendar.

3. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh good then. I can play iTunes Match. On my Windows PC I use Firefox/Safari to access iCloud.com and do my calendar stuff there. So I think that my request for Siri to set events and more will show up there. I think. lol

4. Captain Nougat macrumors member

Yes, it was a little vague with what services it would work with, but iTunes Match is supported! And the calendar won't work by voice. annoying thing with the Homepod is it doesn't separate voices so anyone could interact with it but I guess it's good people can't randomly add things to your calendar. Then again it has access to your messages. Hopefully a future update.

5. kagharaht thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I figure since I have iPhone X it will add the calendar events to my iPhone X. I hope. I'll soon find out in a couple of days when I receive my order. Even if it can't, I'm just glad to be able to play my iTunes Match.