iTunes only opens about 50% of the time when I connect iPhone

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
When I connect my iPhone to my computer, iTunes only SOMETIMES opens up. I would say it's less than half the time. I know the computer is seeing the iPhone because the "disk drive" box that pops up (that shows the photo directory) ALWAYS opens and I see it in device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes numerous times and it didn't help.

It's a Windows 7 64bit PC. The phone is jailbroken but it did the same thing before the JB.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I had the exact same problem on my Windows 7 64 bit, I ended up just reinstalling iTunes and it has been fine since then, that was about 2 weeks ago

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Same here. Uninstalled and made sure to install the 64 bit version. Much better now. :)

Note: Uninstalling does not remove settings, content etc. Nothing to it.

tibere86

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
When I connect my iPhone to my computer, iTunes only SOMETIMES opens up. I would say it's less than half the time. I know the computer is seeing the iPhone because the "disk drive" box that pops up (that shows the photo directory) ALWAYS opens and I see it in device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes numerous times and it didn't help.

It's a Windows 7 64bit PC. The phone is jailbroken but it did the same thing before the JB.
I thought I was the only one with this annoying problem. I have to disconnect and reconnect phone a couple of times to get iTunes to recognize phone. I also have the same issue with my Nano and Shuffle. BTW, I'm also running Windows 7 64bit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.