iTunes only opens about 50% of the time when I connect iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TB07-NJ, Aug 8, 2010.

1. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

When I connect my iPhone to my computer, iTunes only SOMETIMES opens up. I would say it's less than half the time. I know the computer is seeing the iPhone because the "disk drive" box that pops up (that shows the photo directory) ALWAYS opens and I see it in device manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes numerous times and it didn't help.

It's a Windows 7 64bit PC. The phone is jailbroken but it did the same thing before the JB.

2. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I had the exact same problem on my Windows 7 64 bit, I ended up just reinstalling iTunes and it has been fine since then, that was about 2 weeks ago

3. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

Yea. I was afraid of that. :(

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Same here. Uninstalled and made sure to install the 64 bit version. Much better now. :)

Note: Uninstalling does not remove settings, content etc. Nothing to it.

5. TB07-NJ thread starter macrumors 68020

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes (64bit) probably 5 times and it hasn't helped.

6. tibere86 macrumors member

I thought I was the only one with this annoying problem. I have to disconnect and reconnect phone a couple of times to get iTunes to recognize phone. I also have the same issue with my Nano and Shuffle. BTW, I'm also running Windows 7 64bit