iTunes, organizing help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MoncoZero, Sep 5, 2007.

1. MoncoZero macrumors member

iTunes sorts my music:
    Artist > Alphabetical Album > Track order

example:
    Abbey Road (1969) is the first Beatles album listed. It comes before Please Please Me (1963).

When I scroll to the Beatles section, I want the albums to appear in chronological order.
    Artist > Chronological album > Track order

Is there a way to do this?

btw: The Beatles situation is just an example, this is how all my library is organized.

2. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Click on the song, or multiple songs and press command (apple)+i. then go to sorting and change the sort name, i.e., Beatles 1 etc.

:)

3. MoncoZero thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, but maybe I'm doing something wrong because when I select multiple songs a "multiple item information" window opens that is different from the one that opens if you select one song. I don't see a way to get to the sorting section.:confused:

In summary, you solved my problem and I appreciate it:); however, I do not have the patience to go through 9,000 songs individually.:eek:
    -But thanks anyway:D

There has got to be a better way! -hopefully

4. memorysticky macrumors newbie

Here is a much better way to organize by YEAR

for Chronological order simply click album at the top of itunes in the list view multiple times until it says "Album by Year"

Also if you go to sorting tab while entire album is highlighted sort artist with "The Beatles" then it will go in order in the "T" sections so to speak