iTunes, party, hdtv, iphone remote, help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TXBDan, Nov 6, 2008.

1. TXBDan macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I'm having a party this weekend and I plan to run itunes on my MBP, audio to the stereo, video to an HDTV. I have a couple questions, though.

I plan to use my iphone Remote app as the primary means of controlling itunes. I will, however, have a mouse out so that is an option.

I'd like it so that i simply used a full screen cover flow mode. However i noticed that the cover art doesn't follow what is currently playing. There is the command-L option, but even w/ that selected, if i change the album w/ Remote, it goes back to list view instead of staying in full screen cover flow. :(

Ok, so maybe i'll just use a full screen visualization. Thats cool, but i'd like it to maintain the album/artist info. Is that possible? Can i change the size and duration of the cover art display during visualizer?

Also, my MBP goes and stays asleep when i close the lid. Do i need insomnia to remedy this or is there a better way? For some reasy my USB mouse doesnt wake it up like i believe it should.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a ton

2. nagyunes macrumors newbie

a little help

hmm i completely understand what you are trying to do! sorry I can help with the rest of the stuff but you can close the lid and then connect and ipod, this will make the computer come back from standby while still closed(make sure the ipod is on) it worked for me when i wanted to use my plasma screen as monitor with a wireless keyboard and mouse. hope this helps you a little:)

3. BoBBo! macrumors newbie

OK, I believe I encountered the exact same problem when I threw a party a few months back. I think I figured a way around it though:

IIRC, I created a playlist of songs for the party, and cover flow would automatically proceed to the currently playing song with the Artist/Album/Song info listed below the album art.

I didn't have my iPhone at the time for Remote control, but from what I recall, I messed around with Remote soon after I got the iPhone and it worked seamlessly to update both the song and the displayed cover art/info so long as it was within a playlist.

I dunno if you already had the party, but if you did, at least this may be helpful next time dude.