Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoxerBoy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
England
I have a late 2011 MBP running Lion, since updating to the new OS my iTunes has randomly paused itself, meaning I have to click on Play to hear the music again.

I have looked online for a solution, and it appears this problem has been around for years and remains unresolved, with no support from Apple.

I have another problem with iTunes, in that I use Airport Express to play my music via my hi fi speakers, and it regularly breaks down. However this is a problem of the Wi Fi signal, again a common problem that Apple has not addressed. I don't however think this problem is connected to the Pausing issue.

Any ideas please ?

SteveShiver

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Try this...

I've been having the same problem and it only started a week ago. I saw one post that said to turn off wireless syncing. I turned it off ... the pausing continued.

Then just now I thought about wireless and realized that my itunes was set to share it's playlists over my LAN. I just turned that off. So far it's been playing for 20 minutes with no pauses ... I'll keep you posted :)

Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.