iTunes pauses songs unexpected

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dafke, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Dafke macrumors 6502

Dafke

Since the last updates of iTunes there seems to be a problem with playing music: iTunes just randomly pauses and continues playing after a while.
    I believe this all started after updating to 7.4.1 it was really bad then, iTunes would pause like 20 times during a song and it would take very long for a new song to start.
    After 7.4.2 thing got better but it's not over yet. Now this behaviour occurs like three times during a song.
    Has anybody else experienced this? And anybody has an idea how to solve this problem? Thanx!

2. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i sort of have something like this. actually come to think of it, it's not really like yours at all. whenever i open safari it will be like i hit the spacebar.....so iTunes will usually be open and it will pause the music. its really annoying. when i just have finder open it selects the macintosh HD....its really annoying.

3. Dafke thread starter macrumors 6502

Dafke

hmmm, I think the problem is gone now, I've moved my iTunes music folder to my external harddrive and so far there haven't been any flaws.
    This worries me because now I think someting is wrong with my internal harddrive (MacBook Pro), what do you guys think?

4. Dafke thread starter macrumors 6502

Dafke

I thought the problems were gone but now it's as bad as it was when it all started! Anybody have any idea what to do?

Edit: okay so nevermind, problem solved! It turned out that there was a problem with the Airport Express station the speakers are connected to. A simple restart of the device was sufficient. :)

5. tomnick macrumors newbie

My friend has experienced the same problem with iTunes on his Mac.

I have Windows XP on one of my computers and I am currently experiencing the same annoying multiple pauses -- about 5 secs or so -- on every single song I play. The problem started about two versions ago, I am currently running the latest version 7.4.3.1 for Windows.

The one thing I've noticed in Windows XP's Task Manager is that the iTunes CPU usage drops to "00" during each pause.

So, it would seem that the problem is not one that is limited to Macs.

Tom.

6. keith moore macrumors newbie

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of this issue? I'm experiencing it now on vs 9.x

7. acamacho1950 macrumors newbie

iTune pauses

I had the same problem. You can fix this by going to your user>library>caches> com.apple.itunes> trash the cache.

Do the same to the Administrator User. After you complete trashing the caches restart and the problem will be gone. You may have to repeat these steps in 3 to 6 months. Good Luck. It was driving me crazy. AJC