iTunes/Pepsi Promotion bug?

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
So the last two codes I entered for the Pepsi promotion gave me the free song but the screen that entered me into the other contest to win an iPod Mini never appeared. normally I have to enter my address and then another screen saying I was entered and I received a song appears. I have not gone over the 10 songs a day limit or anything so why is this happening?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
From the contest rules:
SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY: When you enter you [sic] Code for one free song credit at the iTunes Music Store on or before 4/30/05, you will automatically receive one entry into the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes drawings to take place daily 2/1/05 through 4/11/05, with one final drawing on 5/2/05. Sweepstakes entry deadline for each drawing is 11:59:59 p.m. PST of the day prior to each daily drawing and 11:59:59 p.m. PST on 4/30/05 for the final drawing on 5/2/05.
They no longer do the daily drawings, but from what the rules say, they should still be asking you to confirm your contact information until 4/30/05. So it's odd, to say the least.

Comment

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
When this first happened last night I sent them an email and received a answerless response so I sent another one to them and I recieved another note saying they were elevating my question to another level and I would hear back shortly--i'll keep ya'll posted on what happens

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Another quote from the rules:
Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period.​
I ran into the limit on songs downloadable per day last year, but not this year. I was able to download 12 songs in one sitting. However, the clock crossed midnight in my time zone while I was downloading, so perhaps that reset the daily count.

Comment

Norouzi

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Doctor Q said:
Another quote from the rules:
Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period.​
I ran into the limit on songs downloadable per day last year, but not this year. I was able to download 12 songs in one sitting. However, the clock crossed midnight in my time zone while I was downloading, so perhaps that reset the daily count.
You can download as many songs as you want in a day, you just can only enter 10 codes per day, but the maximum number of free songs you can get is 200.

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The store is once again giving the feedback message to confirm your address when you redeem a song. It reports the deadlines for entering the final drawing and for redeeming songs too:
Sweetstakes ends 04/30/2005, redeem song by 05/23/2005

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.