iTunes Phone at V Festival?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Street echoes previous reports that Motorola will be unveiling the iTunes enabled phone at the V Music Festival on August 20-21st.

The event is sponsored by Virgin Mobile U.K. which is reportedly one of the first providers to offer the new phone.

Motorola's Ed Zander recently announced that the iTunes phone would be released by the end of this quarter.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Hopefully this is the actual date. There have been way too many guesses given as if they were factual reports on the iTunes phone release date.

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2003
Scranton, PA
FIRST POST

Sounds like a good time. I just bought a Motorola E815 with a new Verizon plan, though. The phone is sweet. It has a megapixel camera :D

superleccy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2004
That there big London
I went to the V festival last year. Doesn't strike me as the sort of place where they'd launch a hotly anticipated Apple gadget.

Styrofoam trays of overpriced, badly cooked vegetarian fried noodles, perhaps. An iTunes phone, no.

However, from what I know of the UK mobile industry, Virgin being the operator to launch the phone does seem sort of logical. So you never know.

Regards
Superleccy

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Please let's see this one pass soon :D

I see it as a small long-term strategic step, unlikely to be a very exciting product. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that dragging out BIG rumors is one thing, but dragging out minor ones is painful :p

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
MacFan782040 said:
FIRST POST

Sounds like a good time. I just bought a Motorola E815 with a new Verizon plan, though. The phone is sweet. It has a megapixel camera :D
NOT first post. :p And who cares about having the first post anyway? It's not some competition.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway, it will be good to see the iTunes phone finally launched, but I think this whole thing has dragged on so long that people are starting to become disinterested in the whole thing and could care less - me being one of them.

What else goes on at this V Festival? I've never heard much in the way of exciting news from this event before...

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
the thing with phones is that they are constantly updated... buy a phone one month, and three months later there's a new one.. so perhaps apple is trying to future proof their phone with some codec that when it comes out we shall all say "ohhhh" :p

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
An iTunes phone...

So not only can I have annoying people call me 24/7, I can also listen to the crap that passes for music today anytime too...

What a marvelous invention.

zedwards

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2002
France
Or the Iowa State fair?

Jeez...slow news day??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How many "iTunes comes out on ____ day" posts are there going to be?

Stop the madness!!!!!

MacFan782040

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2003
Scranton, PA
GodBless said:
Nice try but no cigar. ;)

Yeah.... well.... I needed to let some frustration out. I woke myself up this morning, got ready for work, went to work, only to find out "I'm not supposed to work today."

What crap. I need the money to pay for school. :mad:

joemama

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2003
berkleeboy210 said:
here we go again........ if it's not released here, ppl will say macworld paris?
Exactly....but I am in about to sign up with Verizon, so I might as well wait until the middle of August to do so just incase there is some sort of announcement on the 21st this way I am still in the 15 day return grace period....

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
broken_keyboard said:
An iTunes phone...

So not only can I have annoying people call me 24/7, I can also listen to the crap that passes for music today anytime too...
Don't worry, you'll be able to listen to the crap that passed for music 30 years ago, too. :p

Applespider

macrumors G4
~Shard~ said:
What else goes on at this V Festival? I've never heard much in the way of exciting news from this event before...
Sex and drugs and rock and roll? :p

It's a music festival sponsored by the various Virgin brands (primarily the record/radio/phone 'yoof' ones). It's immensely popular and sells out very quickly. It's not really a 'launch' event although apparently Apple were handing out iPods and iTMS cards at Glastonbury (with promoting UK music festivals, doing the Live in London gigs - they're really not going out their way to placate Apple records are they?)

Since Virgin are one of the UK's 'non-contract' mobile providers, it makes sense for both I guess.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I want a iLife phone instead. It should be very thin and have a megapixel camera, bluetooth, and H.264 video and work with iCal, Mail, and Address Book without third-party software. Then I might be more excited about the phone.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Applespider said:
Sex and drugs and rock and roll? :p

It's a music festival sponsored by the various Virgin brands (primarily the record/radio/phone 'yoof' ones). It's immensely popular and sells out very quickly. It's not really a 'launch' event although apparently Apple were handing out iPods and iTMS cards at Glastonbury (with promoting UK music festivals, doing the Live in London gigs - they're really not going out their way to placate Apple records are they?)

Since Virgin are one of the UK's 'non-contract' mobile providers, it makes sense for both I guess.
Ah, cool, thanks for filling me in on that!

Bakey

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2003
O Donny Boy
Well, we're here! It's the weekend of the V Festival and do we have any news regarding the iTunes enabled Moto?

Probably not is what I'm guessing...

Applespider

macrumors G4
Bakey said:
Well, we're here! It's the weekend of the V Festival and do we have any news regarding the iTunes enabled Moto?

Probably not is what I'm guessing...
Nope... there have been a few articles on the Inquirer and Register saying that the rumours were just that and there's no evidence of launch at all at the V festival... Yawn...