iPod iTunes Phone - Coming September 15th?

orkle

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
39
0
Manchester, England
OK so I know I'm a newbie user, but I have pretty much PROOF that the iTunes phone from Motorola will be launched on September 15th.

I do a lot of work in the music industry and know a couple of people who have been approached to play at the launch event...
 

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
1,013
0
well if this is ture im saving my money
and saying good buy to my old phone
i just traded away my old ipod today too yay
 

ColoJohnBoy

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2003
1,129
0
Denver, Colorado
Happen to know which carriers will offer the phone? I'm with T-Mobile right now, and couldn't be happier with the service, but Cingular offers much better phones and fairly similar service. I would love to have the iTunes phone or the Moto SLVR when either comes out.
 

orkle

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
39
0
Manchester, England
ColoJohnBoy said:
Happen to know which carriers will offer the phone? I'm with T-Mobile right now, and couldn't be happier with the service, but Cingular offers much better phones and fairly similar service. I would love to have the iTunes phone or the Moto SLVR when either comes out.
No idea sorry - I think it's more of a Motorola product launch than a network thing...
 

orkle

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
39
0
Manchester, England
solvs said:
Not that I don't believe you, but where's the proof other than your word? Be cool if true though. Finally.
Couldn't really say specifically, but a very good friend of mine manages a band who have been approached to play at the launch of the phone...
 

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2005
740
1
UK
orkle said:
Couldn't really say specifically, but a very good friend of mine manages a band who have been approached to play at the launch of the phone...
What band is it?
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
The Apple store in Regent St are having a week long festival of music in September. Is your friend playing that? Or I guess they might tie them both in.

I'm no longer holding my breath for the iTunes folder since all the 'leaked' images have looked ugly, we've been waiting a year for its imminent release and I've just got a k750 which I'm very happy with. :p
 

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
5,338
14
Canberra OZ
Applespider said:
I'm no longer holding my breath for the iTunes folder since all the 'leaked' images have looked ugly, we've been waiting a year for its imminent release and I've just got a k750 which I'm very happy with. :p

Yeah, the K750i is currently my choice phone (for what I can afford) but I figure I can wait another month to see if Apple actually manage to surprise us with something good.
 

lalcan

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2003
147
0
Left of the center
orkle said:
Again, I wouldn't like to say sorry...
All right Orkle, let's suppose you tell us the first letter of the band's name, and if the 15th they release the phone, you'll win a huge virtual hug, aside from some recognition in these forums... what do you say to that? :)
 

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
2,643
10
Toronto
dferrara said:
Bloody hell with it I'm buying a RAZR
Indeed. An iTunes phone would be nice, but most people already have an iPod.

I'm moving to Shanghai. RAZRs are pretty cheap over there. I think I'll pick one up.
 

orkle

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2004
39
0
Manchester, England
lalcan said:
All right Orkle, let's suppose you tell us the first letter of the band's name, and if the 15th they release the phone, you'll win a huge virtual hug, aside from some recognition in these forums... what do you say to that? :)
I honestly think if I gave away the first letter of the band's name that it would give it away if you knew who it was! :)

It's "The ?????s" is about as much as I could say right now... :rolleyes:
 

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
2,284
39
cleanup said:
Indeed. An iTunes phone would be nice, but most people already have an iPod.

I'm moving to Shanghai. RAZRs are pretty cheap over there. I think I'll pick one up.
Right on.. not to mention.. even with our minis and a RAZR in our pocket, it will be hard to notice :D

I was hesitant about RAZR because of the iSync/early adopter stuff but that's all been worked out hasn't it? It's been out a long time, I should hope its a safe buy now.
 

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
843
0
Canberra AUST
aswitcher said:
Yeah, the K750i is currently my choice phone (for what I can afford) but I figure I can wait another month to see if Apple actually manage to surprise us with something good.
I'm still undecided between the K750i and wondering if the W800 will come here any time soon...
Won't buy for a few weeks though at the earliest.
 

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
5,338
14
Canberra OZ
DJY said:
I'm still undecided between the K750i and wondering if the W800 will come here any time soon...
Won't buy for a few weeks though at the earliest.

W800 could be a little while given delays into the US market. You know its pretty much th same phone, but with direct music button?

I was sort of hoping it would appear soon so that the K750i price dropped a little.
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
aswitcher said:
W800 could be a little while given delays into the US market. You know its pretty much th same phone, but with direct music button?
The 750 has a direct music button too - straight into media player and whatever was last playing. Where I thought the w800 differed was in a slightly different media player, a normal headphone jack as opposed to the weird SE one that clips in the bottom and, of course, the larger standard memory stick.
 

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
5,338
14
Canberra OZ
Applespider said:
The 750 has a direct music button too - straight into media player and whatever was last playing. Where I thought the w800 differed was in a slightly different media player, a normal headphone jack as opposed to the weird SE one that clips in the bottom and, of course, the larger standard memory stick.
Mmm. Ok. Here's the review I read.

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=1571&source=HOM

"Even though the W800 does have the obvious Walkman branding and and vastly improved music application, it is otherwise almost identical to the Sony Ericsson K750 that we reviewed in June. The W800 uses a different mechanism to activate the camera and uncover its lens, and it also changes the K750's shortcuts button into a dedicated Walkman app button, but that's about all of the differences that I found to be worth mentioning."

But not owning either phone I defer to your experience with the K750i
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
aswitcher said:
The W800 uses a different mechanism to activate the camera and uncover its lens, and it also changes the K750's shortcuts button into a dedicated Walkman app button, but that's about all of the differences that I found to be worth mentioning."
I understand the difference from that. The k750 has a button on the side of it which, with the headphones plugged in, plays or pauses whatever you are /were listening to its Media Player. And its shortcuts button can be tweaked to go to where you like. It suddenly makes sense why its there though since you used to just create shortcuts via the joystick (and still can)
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.