itunes photo sync

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by t1p1t1p, Apr 15, 2014.

1. t1p1t1p macrumors newbie

Hello, when I want to sync photos with my iphone, the photos tab in itunes is not loading, there is that loading circle spinning and nothing happens, could somebody help me? thank you in advance! (screenshot in the attachement)

Attached Files:

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Welcome to Macrumors. First of all, can you tell us which OS and which iPhone you are dealing with? I never use iTunes for photos. I have set up my Mac so that when I connect an iPhone or iPad, nothing happens. I can then launch Image Capture to grab movies and photos and delete large files from camera roll to free up storage on my phone.

I rely on Photostream to get photos off my phone for everyday use. It does not transfer videos, hence every few months I connect with a usb cable and use image capture to get the videos. Lastly photos are not automatically deleted from camera roll after they are transferred via photostream so I rely on image capture to delete them to free up space when necessary.

Once you tell us which OS you are using and which iPhone and for that matter which version of iTunes and confirm whether you have an iCloud account set up, we can make more specific suggestions for you situation.

3. t1p1t1p thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for you response!
    I'm using OSX Mavericks with the latest version of itunes and an iphone 4S.
    I have an iCloud account. I also use photo stream in aperture to get my photos off the phone. iTunes is actually used to sync photos from my mac to the iphone.
    And all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

That's a use case I never considered. That's because I've go so darn many photos I would never consider cramming very many of them onto my phone. For the few that I would want to transfer, I would consider using dropbox or emailing myself the photos. Of course you can set iPhoto (or Aperture?) on your Mac to push new photos to Photostream but if you're like me and have hundreds of gigs of photos, you will find that Photostream photos sent from your Mac overflows storage on your iPhone almost instantly. :eek: