Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I was kinda hoping they'd evolve the playback controls in iTunes, what with the lame small-sized seek handle that you have a fricken hard time seeking with... what with the seek intervals being relative to your song lenght (i.e. it will seek in 1 second intervals on a single song but in >10 second intervals on a longer podcast)... but nothing.

Anyone else?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I was kinda hoping they'd evolve the playback controls in iTunes, what with the lame small-sized seek handle that you have a fricken hard time seeking with... what with the seek intervals being relative to your song lenght (i.e. it will seek in 1 second intervals on a single song but in >10 second intervals on a longer podcast)... but nothing.

Anyone else?
Pardon my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Pardon my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

This:

itunescontrol.jpg

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

Gotcha. On the rare occasions I use that, I simply hover my mouse over the bar and use the mouse scroll wheel to make fine adjustments without even clicking on the handle. Works just as well on an hour-plus file as it does on a 2 minute file.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hmm, i tried your scrollwheel method on a 2-hour podcast and it jumps in 30-second intervals. Not good.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Maybe it's my Logitech scroll wheel setting which I'm not changing because it works fine in my OS. I am on Windows by the way.

Jelite

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK
I hope they put proper multitouch in 10, i hate those sliders when im watching videos, just let me pinch for fullscreen and three finger swipe to seek already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.