iTunes playback controls

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by globalist, Sep 1, 2010.

1. globalist macrumors 6502a

I was kinda hoping they'd evolve the playback controls in iTunes, what with the lame small-sized seek handle that you have a fricken hard time seeking with... what with the seek intervals being relative to your song lenght (i.e. it will seek in 1 second intervals on a single song but in >10 second intervals on a longer podcast)... but nothing.

Anyone else?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

3. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

This:

[​IMG]

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Gotcha. On the rare occasions I use that, I simply hover my mouse over the bar and use the mouse scroll wheel to make fine adjustments without even clicking on the handle. Works just as well on an hour-plus file as it does on a 2 minute file.

5. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, i tried your scrollwheel method on a 2-hour podcast and it jumps in 30-second intervals. Not good.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Interesting. I tried it on a 1hr, 12min recording and it moves in 2 or 3 second intervals.

7. globalist thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maybe it's my Logitech scroll wheel setting which I'm not changing because it works fine in my OS. I am on Windows by the way.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That may be the difference.

9. Jelite macrumors 6502a

I hope they put proper multitouch in 10, i hate those sliders when im watching videos, just let me pinch for fullscreen and three finger swipe to seek already.