iTunes Playback vs. Sync check marks - I'm about to give up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redbergy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. redbergy macrumors newbie

I may be completely brainless, if so please tell me. I have an iPhone that I sync with some music on my Mac using iTunes. I have over 20gb of music on my mac which obviously won't fit on my iPhone's 8gb drive. When choosing which music I want to put on my iPhone, I have to check the check mark of the song in my iTunes library. My problem is this: say I'm at the office and I want to listen to my entire library on shuffle - the only way I can do this is by checking every song, but then, the next time I go to sync my iPhone, I have to uncheck them all and try to remember to sync all my favorite albums back to the phone by checking each song individually. I'm sure there has to be a way to listen to songs that aren't checked - I've looked in the preferences and everywhere else I can think of. Someone please point me in the right direction.

2. redbergy thread starter macrumors newbie

I turns out that I am brain dead. The fix was to create a play list of the songs I wanted to sync and then have my iPhone only sync that specific play list. I hope this helps some other newb out.