iTunes playcount too high

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Angeltears, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Angeltears macrumors newbie

Hi there. I just downloaded the latest Itunes (for Windows) and updated my Ipod Touch (gen 5) to iOS 8, and now every time I play a song (on my Ipod), the play count won't get updated properly. Listening a song once increases the playcount randomly. Sometimes it increases with 1, but in many cases, it increases with 2, 3 or 5 or even up to 20. I never had this issue before. The playcount was always spot on. Now, it is total trash. Why is this and how can I fix this?

Note: only happens on my Ipod. If I play a song on Itunes itself (on my computer), the playcount increases properly.

Thanks in advance!

2. Angeltears thread starter macrumors newbie

Nobody can help me out?

- I tried to quit all running applications and test again: nothing. Didnt changed a thing
    - I turned off my iPod and did a soft reset (both didn't worked)

- I completely restored my iPod by the ''restore iPod'' button in Itunes (when connecting it to my pc). Now everything is gone (did not made any back up just to be sure that I start from scratch with all the original settings and whetever): didn't do nothing.

I stil have the same issue. When investigating the issue I noticed that the first play of a song is correctly processed. It goes like this:

- I add a new song on my iPod (playcount 0)

- I listen the song once (Playcount: 1 after synchronizing)
    - I listen the song 2nd time (Playcount: 3)
    - I listen the song 3rd time (Playcount 5)
    - I listen the song 4rd time (Playcount 10)

- I listen the song 5th time (Playcount 17)

It seems to increase exponentially.

Im sick and tired of this. This all started when I updated iOS to iOS 8. I should never have done that. Please tell me how I can go back to iOS 7, because iOS 8 just seems to break things. I only use my iPod Touch for music, so I don't care about gimmicky health features/apps. I just want it to play music. Properly.