Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to run iTunes without having the "Store" component be visible? I'd like to let my kids run iTunes on their Mac, but they really don't need to be browsing the store -- there is some stuff on the store that they are too young for.

Is there a solution for this? Perhaps an app that will read your iTunes music library without launching iTunes and let you play songs? Is there a preference in iTunes to deactivate the store?

Thanks in advance!

NEVERMIND: iTunes -> Preferences -> Parental has the option -- i must have missed this the first time.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There's a setting in iTunes preferences to disable the Store. Its under the Parental Controls tab.

BC2009

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
There's a setting in iTunes preferences to disable the Store. Its under the Parental Controls tab.

Thanks -- I found it right after I posted this. One of those things where you can't figure it out, but as soon as you ask the question of somebody then you figure it out on your own. Thanks for the very snappy response -- this thread was live for two minutes and you got an answer for me before I could update my original post. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.