iTunes playlist and syncing purchased content?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CosmoPilot, Feb 6, 2011.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

This might not be the correct location for this question, but since it happens on my iPhone4 I thought i'd ask here.

So, I buy a particular song on iTunes using my iPhone4. I decide I'd like that song added to a playlist already on my iPhone. iOS now allows you to do that on the device.

The problem is, when I sync the iPhone via iTunes, the song is no longer in the playlist found on iTunes. It transfers the song to my music library, but it doesn't add it to the same playlist I added it to on the phone.

In other words, I have a playlist on iTunes titled "Running" I add all my workout music to this playlist...then I have iTunes setup to sync that particular playlist whenever my iPhone is connected.

Then I buy a workout song using my iPhone...add it to the "Running" playlist on my iPhone....no problems.

Then, when I sync the phone with iTunes again....the song gets transferred to iTunes music library, it stays on my iPhone, but it is now no longer in the playlist because the iTunes playlist never had the song added to it.

Thoughts?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Did you make sure under music under iphone on itunes your running playlist ow checked to sync?

3. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Yes, I have 3 separate playlists, all of which are checked to sync. What I've noticed, is now under music in iTunes, I have a section called "Manually Added Songs" These songs are the same ones I've purchased on the iPhone.

This is kind of frustrating. I purchase a song with my iPhone. Use iOS to add that song to an already existing playlist. Then when I sync, it stays on the phone but disappears from the playlist because it uses the playlist in iTunes as the master version and makes the phone match it.

Any additional thoughts, or is this an iOS bug that needs fixed?

Cosmo