iTunes Playlist Oddity

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eightysjoe, Aug 7, 2013.

1. eightysjoe macrumors newbie

Alright. Like many people I hated the iTunes 11 update my computer decided I needed and so I had to do the backtrack. Everything went fine and dandy and I have all my old file information except my playlists.

After going back and trying to unearth them, I realize the smart thing to do would have been to create the iTunes.xml file off the updated iTunes before deleting it, but that's not an option at this point.

Now I would normally just bite the bullet and hand jam the playlists off my iPhone and iPods, but I've already had to go online and grab over a hundred different album covers because iTunes couldn't locate them itself, so why do more work if it isn't necessary?

I know the playlists are not deleted. I keep my library on an external drive and through my Connect360 app it is recognizing the playlists are still in my iTunes Media folder. I just have no idea where.

So if anyone has a clue as to where I should be looking, I would appreciate it.

2. eightysjoe thread starter macrumors newbie

Sad face. Thank you for everyone that at least viewed the post. I'll get on with the hand jamming.

3. Hummingbird5 macrumors newbie

iTunes Playlists

Up until the last IOS update to 10.8.4 I was able to synch my Playlists from all devices to the other via iCloud. My Apple equipment includes the following:
    iPod Touch - 2nd Generation
    MacBook Air (Purchased 2010)
    iPad3 64 Gig with LTE (Purchased 2012)
    iPhone 5 (Purchased 2012)
    Apple TV (Purchased 2012)
    MacMini (Purchased 2013)

Up until the latest IOS upgrade it never mattered what device I created a playlist on, the new playlist would show up on all devices, well except the 2nd Generation iTouch with no iCloud technology.

Struggling with this dilemma I discovered I'm able to create Playlists on my iPhone 5 and have them "downwardly" compatible via iCloud to my older devices and across to my more recently purchased devices.

Sadly this does not work on my older devices, namely my MacBook Air so any new Playlists are "upwardly" compatiable and fortunately I've only created one playlist on it that is not transferable.