iTunes playlist on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jessica08, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

I was backing up my phone to prepare it for the battery replacement and while I was at it, I moved the order of songs in each of my playlists. I then synced my phone. After I ejected it and went to look at my playlists, the order of the songs wasn't changed even though on my Mac mini it shows they are. I tried on my iPad and it worked. I tried syncing three different times then I turned off my phone and rebooted, but that didn't work either.

Is it something to do with iOS 10.2 update I did yesterday or what could be the problem?

Thanks for any tips!

2. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica08

So I get in my vehicle today and turn on one of my playlists. I scroll through and the order that the songs play in my car is changed, but when I look on my phone, they are still in the old order. I even manually moved them on my phone, but they don't show up as being switched around.

Do I need to reset the phone again or what can I do?

3. ericwn macrumors 65816

A reset is a forced restart that is only applicable for a frozen device that you cannot restart manually. You can try to set the phone up again in iTunes, or remove all music from the phone and sync again.

4. Jessica08 thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica08

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to restore everything on Saturday when I get my battery replaced so I'll wait till then to try it, but it's driving me crazy. Ha.

5. ericwn macrumors 65816

When you restore, maybe set the new phone up as a new phone rather than restoring a previous backup. If the issue is gone that way, the better, if not, you could always restore from the old backup later.