Itunes playlists folders to Ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Macfisto, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Macfisto macrumors member

New to the Apple and Ipod world since this yesterday (but have used Itunes for a while preparing myself).

I have created many folders in Itunes for different playlists, for example, a folder called "Best of" where I have playlists of best of band 1, band 2, band 3, etc.

When transferring music to my touch yesterday and looking in the Ipod, I see all my playlists lumped into one (alphabetically). No folders!! Worse: movie/tv playlists are lumped there as well.

I read in older post/forums on the net (but have not seen any recent posts on this - perhaps because nothing changed) that you can't do this (on the touch anyway). Is this (still) true? How ridiculous is this? What a tease and preparation for nothing.

I had grouped my best of with playlists of each of bands' names (knowing they are in the "best of" folder, they are best of playlists) but by having only one giant folder of playlists, the "best of" playlist would be named only after the band...which is a pain (especially if I made other folders that same way using the bands name only in a specifically names folder).

Now I know I can rename all my playlists to all start with the folder name I gave them so at least they would be there together and alphabetically, but what a pain. I just think, if true, that this is ridiculous! Why not code it in the Ipod for playlists categorisation!

Is there a trick out there? can someone help?
    Thanks

2. Macfisto thread starter macrumors member

Anyone?

Bumping my own thread…can’t believe no one knows the answer to this one (maybe this website is not the best place to find answers to those questions) or maybe no one cares!!!

I’m new to the Apple world but if Itunes does something (group in folders the playlists …for easy grouping/search) why wouldn’t the Ipod be any different? What makes them think that I can find any easier my playlists if there are all there in the same place (I have to scroll all the way down instead of having a few folders that I can recognise like Itunes.

I mean what’s the point. If it’s useful in Itunes, it’s useful in the Ipod. No? If it’s useless in the Ipod, why have it in Itunes? Does not make sense to me!

Heck, if I use Remote, I see the folders with my playlists in them, why can I do it for Remote (and Itunes) in the Ipod, but not directly in the Ipod...what am I missing?

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

The Touch doesn't support them apparently... for some reason.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

Make your voice heard....

I didn't even know the iPod's had added support for them until recently (ok, so i live under a rock). I got all excited, only to get dashed that i didn't get to use them on my Touch after all.

For a device that started it's life as a music player and NOT an app running device, the music portion needs some work still.

But do go give Apple Feedback!