iTunes playlists question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 3lionsbecks, Aug 15, 2010.

1. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Hey iTune experts....

I was wondering if there was a way to sync iTunes playlists between my computers.

for example, if I make a playlist on my MBP is there a way to sync it to my iMac?

Main reason is I have a few playlists on my MBP that I use and sync with my iPod Touch but my wife wants them on her iPad but I have it set up with the library on the iMac.....

thanks

2. celticpride678

I'm pretty sure Home Sharing does this in iTunes.

3. 3lionsbecks thread starter Suspended

3lionsbecks

Home sharing will transfer over my media like a song or a movie no problem but I haven't been able to get it to transfer over a playlist. I don't see any option for that....

Am I missing a setting change or something?

4. Grey Podder macrumors newbie

I'm writing this from memory, as I'm not at my MBP right now. Select the playlist in the iTunes sidebar. Then go to File>Library>Export Playlist. Save the file and transfer it to the other Mac. Then on the second Mac's iTunes library, go to File>Library>Import Playlist. Choose the file you saved earlier.

I can't remember ever doing this with multiple playlists at one time, so you might have to do this for each playlist you want to transfer. Hope this helps.

5. 3lionsbecks thread starter Suspended

3lionsbecks

thanks Grey Podder. That sounds like it will work.

i'll try that tonight.

you da man.
    :D