iTunes Plus...How's it doing?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ctakim, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ctakim macrumors 6502

So any early word on how the new iTunes Plus DRM free and higher bitrate songs are doing? Has it boosted iTunes sales? I have tried to make a big statement by upgrading my library where possible and buying some of the new iTunes Plus songs and albums. That and the $7.99 sales has bumped my iTunes purchases in a big way. Anyone else on a shopping spree?:confused:

I want Apple and the music companies to know that I support DRM free music (and I don't pirate!)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I don't know....I've upgraded all my music, and bought most of my new stuff in iTunes Plus, but only time will tell how much the market cares about this kind of stuff

4. Tacos! macrumors member

Some of my music can't be converted to mp3's because for alot of artists they don't offer that feature. Until i can do this with most of my music, I'm not upgrading to itunes plus.
    -Justin

5. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

I am curious as well. Will the sales figures be impressive enough to move the other labels?

6. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

7. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

Most of the songs i buy aren't available iTunes Plus so my buying habits thus far haven't changed much, though i hope they ad more music sooner rather than later.