iTunes Plus Question

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Is there a way to upgrade certain albums to iTunes plus, or do I have to upgrade all the available albums to iTunes plus?

Also, since iTunes plus is now 99¢ per song, why do we still have to pay to upgrade now?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
From the iTunes Plus FAQ:

Can I upgrade previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. Any available upgrades will be shown on the Upgrade My Library page (Music received for free is not eligible for upgrade.). You can upgrade all music at once by using the Buy button. This replaces all music you've bought previously on iTunes with available iTunes Plus versions of the same music. You cannot choose which songs, music videos or albums to upgrade individually. Song upgrades are available for $0.30, video upgrades for $0.60, and albums for 30% of the album price. iTunes Plus music will continually be added to iTunes, so check back often to find new music available for upgrading.
Now, if only they'd make the upgrades free.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Is there a way to upgrade certain albums to iTunes plus, or do I have to upgrade all the available albums to iTunes plus?

Also, since iTunes plus is now 99¢ per song, why do we still have to pay to upgrade now?
Probably to cover the bandwidth costs, plus a cut for the label.