iTunes Plus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iceterminal, Jan 7, 2009.

1. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

First off, allow me to admit that I really don't use iTunes at all. Maybe once in a while to see if any new audiobooks are out, but thats about it. I've refrained from using it do to their use of DRM.
    Simple really, I don't want it so I take my money elsewhere.
    So now I hear that they have new pricing at .69 cents and also DRM free for more. Its in iTunes Plus!
    I think "Great, now I can go see what this is all about". However, I don't really know/understand how to get to iTunes Plus. Is there a link somewhere I'm missing? Does it only become available once you select to purchase a song?
    Yes, I know it sounds dumb but I just don't use iTunes. So forgive my ignorance.

Secondly, I heard songs are there for a lower price of .69cents. Looking around, I have yet to find anything for that price. Was that merely a rumor or have they pushed the new pricing out a few months?
    Thanks for helping clear this up and educating a poor soul.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Pricing levels won't come in until April. If a song has a + next to the price, it's iTunes Plus.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

When the price change comes, there will be 3 different price levels for individual songs:

- $0.69
    - $0.99
    - $1.29

Phil Schiller did say at the keynote that there will be more songs priced at $0.69 than $1.29.

4. johnryjr macrumors regular

iTunes Plus is not going to be separate any more as it was. It will be "the new standard" so as long as when you go to the song and it has a plus next to it, you are good. And as the others said, the different prices will happen in a few months.

5. iceterminal thread starter macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
    When you say "plus next to it" are you meaning next to the price?

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Yes. It's a grey box with a white plus sign in it.

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Yes, you don't have to go hunting for these specific iTunes Plus songs separately. They will appear with the regular search results for the song. The grey plus next to the price indicates that it is a iTunes Plus song. The new prices won't come in for another couple of months.

8. iceterminal thread starter macrumors 68000

iceterminal