Itunes plus?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcanadiensfan63, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mcanadiensfan63 macrumors member

so i hear all this talk about itunes plus and i am wondering exactly what it is?? whats so special about it and why is it different than the normal itunes?

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  3. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

Although it is debated whether the ear can hear quality past 128 kbps. If your not an audiophile, your current library is fine. Personally I can here a difference between the standard 128 kbps and the iTunes Plus 256kbps. (especially when I am listening to songs over TOSLINK to my audio receiver. PLaying it very very loudly can cause a rift, I have compared songs and noticed the percussion more pronouced etc.)

Bottom line with this economy, I don't think it's worth it to upgrade ALL of your songs...just buy iTunes Plus with any new stuff. Or buy CDs and rip into Apple Lossless ;]

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Just don't rip your 128KBPS iTunes music purchased and burned CDs into lossless.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

More importantly, iTunes Plus does not have any DRM. Even if it hasn't yet, DRM will eventually sting you, say if you try to listen to your music in 20 years' time. There are also bugs; even the best systems are not flawless (one of my computers won't play my protected music even though it's authorised).