iTunes Plus

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Alin, May 14, 2009.

1. Alin macrumors newbie

Hello. i am a new mac user. i am using itunes for importing my music cd and play them! i have seen that the standard settings for itunes for import is iTunes Plus- 256 kbps,VBR! is this settings better that 320 kbp without vbr? or i must select 320 VBR? i have 100 cd's and i want to import them one time

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

320 without VBR (or 320 CBR) is better than 256VBR, but not as efficient. I doubt you'll hear the difference to be honest, not many can.

If your ripping an entire collection, you'll save more disk space if you go with 256VBR and you won't hear the difference.

3. Alin thread starter macrumors newbie

i want quality because i have a hi-fi system.when i want maximum quality i use the original cd..but if i want to make a compilation cd once a time..

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

If that's the case, why not rip as Apple Lossless or FLAC?

5. Alin thread starter macrumors newbie

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Why don't you rip a song using the iTunes Plus setting and then rip the same song as 320 Kbps CBR and see if you can tell a difference between the two on your system. If you can't, go with the iTunes Plus since you only have 8GB to store all the music on.

I really don't think you will be able to tell a difference.

7. Alin thread starter macrumors newbie

i must try this!
    another questions ...how i can buy movie from another itunes store ? i have an italy account itunes store and i dont have the option to buy movies..but when i change the store and i want to buy a movie from another one i can't