iTunes - Podcasting Release?

Mr LuLu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
www.bottleofbroon.co.uk
After seeing the WWDC and the new features of the next iTunes release I got wet.

So maybe that's a slight fabrication...

I did however wonder when the next release was due.

Anybody know?

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
dotdotdot said:
From June 6th, it was said "within 60 days," so now its within 51 days.

Actually, I don't think any timeframe was announced at WWDC and the "60 days" timeframe you are referring to was mentioned at WSJ's D conference which was 2 weeks earlier, so it should be even closer.

Mr LuLu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
www.bottleofbroon.co.uk
mcmav37 said:
Actually, I don't think any timeframe was announced at WWDC
I listened to that part of the WWDC twice to try and catch it, pleased I'm not going deaf/mad! :confused:

Good news about it coming soon though, I've never listened to a podcast before. :D

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
podcasting seems like a pretty big addition, one worthy of a whole number. i've always assumed that fractional increases referred to minor updates while whole numbers were major additions.

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
Mr LuLu said:
I listened to that part of the WWDC twice to try and catch it, pleased I'm not going deaf/mad! :confused:

Good news about it coming soon though, I've never listened to a podcast before. :D
Podcasts are just a smart slang for "long mp3"
Find some here:
http://www.podcast.net/

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Steve himself said this would be 4.9.

Just look how far the 4 series has gone - from the real Music store to full iPod support to video playback to podcasting.

iTunes 5 needs to come out soon! AND I doubt I'm the only one who thinks its stupid to put like iTunes 4.7 in iLife '05 and release 4.8 after that.

Mr LuLu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
www.bottleofbroon.co.uk
dotdotdot said:
AND I doubt I'm the only one who thinks its stupid to put like iTunes 4.7 in iLife '05 and release 4.8 after that.
Yeah, I thought it was a bit odd. Garageband 2, iMovie HD, iDVD 5, iPhoto 5 and iTunes 4.7...

Mind you, I suppose it has to be the exception because of the wintel users.