iTunes podcasts folder position?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by martinielsen, Sep 22, 2009.

1. martinielsen macrumors newbie

Hello everyone.

After I did a backup of my iTunes database on my PC and restored it on my new mac I have just discovered that I now have two Podcasts folders, one within the Music folder and another one within my Music:iTunes folder. As far as I can see all the podcasts inside the iTunes program is pointing to the files in the Music:podcasts folder. Another strange thing is that all the podcast files I have is found in the Music:podcasts folder but in the Music:iTunes:podcasts folder only a part of my podcasts are found. Since I'm still new on a Mac I'm a little confused about this :confused:. Could any of you please tell me what the default position of the Podcasts folder is in Mac OS?

Thanks in advance
    Martin

2. jw2002 macrumors 6502

The standard location is ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Podcasts. I added that folder to my Time Machine exclusions list because I don't want to back up podcasts that have been listened to already.

3. martinielsen thread starter macrumors newbie

That's strange because mine is now located in the Music folder. Also the Movies folder is located in the Music folder. Maybe something stranged happened because my backup originated from a PC. Can I just move them to the right location?

Martin