iTunes: Poster Frames on Ripped Videos Lost, Not Synced to iPad or iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clayj, Apr 14, 2011.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

iTunes 10.2.1 on latest Mac OS X 10.6.7.

I have videos which I've ripped from Blu-ray via MakeMKV and Handbrake. When I import them into iTunes and then set a poster frame, more often than not:

1. The poster frame is easily lost, especially if I do a Get Info on a movie. Sometimes the poster frame disappears without me having done anything.

2. The poster frame is not included when I sync the movie onto my iPad or iPhone.

3. Also, chapter thumbnails for chapters appear in all black on the iPad or iPhone.

This is seriously lame. Does anyone know of a solution for these problems? Is ANYONE from Apple working on this? This USED to work in the days before iOS 4.2 and iTunes 10.

2. Luthienxo macrumors newbie

I have been experiencing the same issues. The poster cover art disappears on files imported into in tunes from outside sources, so far Handbrake conversions, then transferred to the iPad 2. Is somewhat of a nuisance when the cover art shows wrong on different files or doesn't appear at all.

This did not get fixed in newest update.

Any ideas?

3. lifeofdave macrumors newbie

My solution to ipad poster frame problem

I've just experienced similar problem at work and found a solution to some extent. Initially we got the video artwork looking correct in itunes by right clicking on the video window whilst it was playing and clicking 'set poster frame', however although this worked for itunes the artwork dissappeared once on the iPad. The solution I have found is to use metaX on the pc to set the .mp4 video artwork and then use itunes on my mac to sync the videos. It's worth noting that every time I tried to use the mac version of metaX to add the artwork it made the entre video into a black screen.

Basically it seems itunes fails to proerly tag the metadata of some files, luckily other programs like metaX seem to do it ok.
    Let me know if it works for you..
    :)