iTunes Preorder Download Time

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dotdotdot, Mar 31, 2008.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I pre-ordered the new R.E.M. cd on iTunes a while ago, and I am so excited for its release tomorrow.

Problem is, I need to get up really early and want to listen to it on a trip I will be taking, from my iPod.

Does anyone know what time the downloads will be available? It would be great if it was available at exactly 12:00 am, but I assume it would be more like 3 am (eastern US time), right?

2. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

I'd guess so because that's where Apple is located, but I don't know for sure. You're probably right though.

3. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Let us know what time you got it. I was thinking I got Pirates of the Caribbean part III in the afternoon.

BTW, I hope you're thrilled with your new album. I went to check it out at the itunes store. It sounds totally awesome but...out of a sweet 16 songs, 8 are less than 3 minutes, 5 are 3 minutes plus, 3 are 4 minutes plus. I personally favor lengthy songs. My itunes library has 1768 songs equaling 7.7 days.

4. MichelleAK macrumors member

This is too late for the original poster, but just as a future "point of reference" for preorders, I am in Alaska, and received an email from Itunes about 8:00 p.m. Alaska time (12 midnight EDT), that the entire album was available for downloading (and I did so).