Resolved iTunes Prices: "$19.99 BUY" vs "$19.99"

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sonicrobby, Jan 10, 2015.

1. sonicrobby, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I've been adding shows and movies to my wish list and today I noticed that some of the prices have the word "BUY" behind it, and some don't. Why is this?

My speculation is that the ones that say BUY are on sale, but I don't know for sure. If that is the case, is there a way to see the original price to determine how much I would actually be saving?

[​IMG]

2. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

From your screenshot, those that say buy are single films and those that don't are collections of 2 or more. A large sample might disprove or support this observation.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Looks to be more a case of the length of the films title closing down the space for the button.

4. sonicrobby, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015

sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

True, I wish they would expand this to take up the entire screen. Below is another screenshot with some other samples. Here, Red 2 is a single movie and it still says "BUY", Archer is an entire season and doesn't contain "BUY", so it doesn't look like its bundle related. Both titles seem short enough to fit, though I could be wrong about it. I'm not finding any luck googling the subject either. I may inquire from an Apple Store employee to see if they may know.

Edit: Though Jim, you may be correct. All other non-bundled movies seem to say "BUY", and none of the TV series' do.

[​IMG]