iTunes pricing question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashny, Apr 6, 2007.

1. mashny macrumors regular

Now that Apple has the agreement with EMI to sell unprotected, 256kb AAC tracks for $1.29, have they considered that, in some cases, you will be able to own the CD for less than the price of an album download? When the Beatles come to iTunes, the Blue album will cost 28 tracks x $1.29 per track, or $36.12. I can buy the disk on Amazon for $29.99 and have free shipping. I can then put it on my CD at 320kb, while still owning the CD. Is Apple planning to discount the price of entire albums?

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

They always have. Albums aren't sold at the price per track x number of tracks formula. Most are 9.99, and assuming 12 or so tracks per album, there's discounting happening.

The larger compilations are priced accordingly. For example, The Beatles (aka the White Album) will likely go for 13.99, or 16.99, or something like that. Although I've already got that one in iTunes.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

*bangs head on desk*

its already been stated in just about all the threads on the EMI deal that the the increased price is only for a single song purchase, and not the album. albums will still be priced as they are now.

4. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Does this mean you won't be able to purchase an entire unprotected album

5. mashny thread starter macrumors regular