iTunes Problem - Authorizing permissions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ribbonthecat, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

Suddenly iTunes on my computer is having problems figuring out if it is authorized on my computer. Every time I try to authorize or deauthorize my iTunes account, I get a message bubble like in the screenshot I'm attaching. I've tried repairing permissions with the Disk Utility, but I still get it. Does anybody have any idea of what is going on and how to fix it?

Incidentally, this computer has worked with my iTunes account since I got it a year ago. When I sync my iPod, it says that the computer is not authorized.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Back up your iTunes folder to external drive, then delete it completely. Download and reinstall it then import the tunes back, and go online to verify. If still an issue, go to the apple site/ support/ and do a little hunting. They have an MSN chat set up, at no cost, so you can talk with someone at apple and get help. At the end of the chat, you get a transcript of the chat that you can save for future reference. I have used them twice with complete success both times.

Find the link at the bottom of this page, and click it. There is no cost.

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/authorization/

3. Tommy1958 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am having the very same problem, my Mac Book was working with i Tunes until very recently now I can neither Authorize or de Authorize my Mac to iTunes.
    I recently tried free trial for Mobile Me and it seems that since I did not sign up for the full service I have had this problem.
    iTunes will allow me to access my account but will not allow me to listen to any music purchased from itunes.
    I also use a new iPod Touch and this was working with Mobile Me but will not work now that I have not signed up for the full service.
    Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks Tommy1958.