iTunes Problem: Seems very isolated

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bmh16, Dec 6, 2010.

1. bmh16 macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Akjlyps_5s

As I have tried to show certain songs tend to freeze the iTunes application after playing starts for about 30 seconds. This happens to whole albums, and not just certain songs on albums. Certain downloaded albums are like this and certain cd imports are like this. About 75% of my stuff is ok and it seems pretty random why this occurs. So i am trying to find a fix to this problem because over the past 2 years or so this has been very annoying. Just to clarify the crash only affects the itunes app. The rest of the MacBook is ok to browse on whilst it crashes here. Also it was like this on my previous MacBook. I am using a MacBook Pro now and it is still the same.

Anyone able to figure it out is a legend! Tried googling but googling doesn't come up with anything related!

Cheers.

2. bmh16 thread starter macrumors regular

3. bmh16 thread starter macrumors regular

So i went to Apple Genius Bar and they told me it was apparently a corruption in the library xml file. I was advised to create a new library which would be a huge pain. Manually putting 113gb would be a nightmare, plus i love seeing my playcounts and last played and ratings and set up loads of smart playlists from that data. So that would seriously mess it up for me. Bit of a dilemma. Anyone have any idea with xml here and know how to find corruptions etc? Apparently he said it is very very rare as i suspected and it has only been seen a few times in that genius bar over about 3 or 4 years!