iTunes problem since Mavericks upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacKenzie999, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hello...
    Yesterday I transitioned from Mt Lion to Mavericks by way of a clean install, and so far it's gone pretty smoothly with one exception. I had moved my iTunes library to a NAS, and when I say I moved it, I physically dragged the iTunes folder to the NAS. Since Mavericks is a clean install with me as a new user, it does not remember any of my info beyond that associated with my Apple ID. I do not use iCloud, and my rather large ibrary is not backed up to the cloud.
    My question is, how do I link my fresh, clean copy of iTunes to the folder on my NAS, retaining my playlists, etc? If it helps, I have a clone of my old OS, including my old user folder (my clean install features a new user, not a migrated one).
    Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Hello,

you have an "iTunes" folder on your NAS, and also a (new) "iTunes" folder on your Mac.

What you need is using the iTunes folder on the NAS instead of the iTunes folder on your Mac.

---> quit iTunes, then relaunch it while holding the Alt key down.

Click "Choose Library" and browse to your iTunes folder on the NAS.

This is not what you should have done : you should have kept your iTunes folder on your Mac, and moved the "iTunes Media" folder to the NAS.

See : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US