iTunes problem with albums please help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by trevrox, Jul 19, 2009.

1. trevrox macrumors newbie

Hi, I have been having a problem with iTunes when I sync CD's. So, first off, I have been trying to sync "Exile on Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty. The track order is as follows:
    1. How Far We've Come
    2. I'll Believe You When
    3. All Your Reasons
    4. These Hard Times
    5. If I Fall
    6. Can't Let You Go
    7. Long Day
    8. Push
    9. 3 am
    10. Real World
    11. Back 2 Good
    12. Bent
    13. If You're Gone
    14. Mad Season
    15. Disease
    16. Unwell
    17. Bright Lights

However, when I first put the album into iTunes, it asks me if I want to import it. I say yes and when on that screen all the songs are in that order, the CORRECT order. But, when imported, the track order turns into this:
    1. Mad Season
    2. How Far We've Come
    3. I'll Believe You When
    4. All Your Reasons
    5. These Hard Times
    6. If I Fall
    7. Can't Let You Go
    8. Long Day
    9. Push
    10. 3 am
    11. Real World
    12. Back 2 Good
    13. Bent
    14. If You're Gone
    15. Disease
    16. Unwell
    17. Bright Lights

Now, I thought this would be an easy problem to fix. I click get info, it says right on there, track 14 of 17, artist Matchbox Twenty, album artist Matchbox Twenty, album Exile On Mainstream, everything is correct! But now, Mad Season is also separated on cover flow with two different album covers. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

It also happened to me on another album where track 11 was track 1, even though when you click get info it knows it as track 11!

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Well that would probably be because it was originally 2 CD's at the store.

CD 1
    1. How Far We've Come
    2. I'll Believe You When
    3. All Your Reasons
    4. These Hard Times
    5. If I Fall
    6. I Can't Let You Go
    7. Remedy (Live)
    8. Modern Love (Live)

CD 2
    1. Long Day
    2. Push
    3. 3 A.M.
    4. Real World
    5. Back 2 Good
    6. Bent
    7. If You're Gone
    8. Mad Season
    9. Disease
    10. Unwell
    11. Bright Lights

3. trevrox thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I got it one CD and if that is the reason, then how come it doesn't split up at Long Day?

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Did you get the actual CD or a download? For some odd reason iTunes sales it as one disc, but in the store it comes as two. I had problems when I imported it and ended up just editing the info myself. iTunes couldn't even find the artwork. :rolleyes:

5. trevrox thread starter macrumors newbie

It came as two, a DVD and a CD, I got the actual copy. All the info is correct, for some reason everytime it gets to Mad Season it goes above How Far We've Come, where all the others are below. I delete the songs and import it again but nothing works!!! :mad:

What do you have for info on your iTunes I want to check it with mine?

6. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Here is a screen shot.

Attached Files:

7. trevrox thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah for me it's just like that (without the two live songs) but Mad Season is before How Far We've Come. Man, I've tried everything I can think of and it's starting to piss me off.

8. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Manually setting the info is the best way of dealing that occasional weird album or two. This includes track order. I have found that if you have the slightest change in the artist and album name entries, that it will generate multiple entries, album covers and/or artists. It can be a simple as an extra space bar push after an entry. Also, how you are organizing your iTunes library will generate differing track orders, such as artist vs album...

9. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I'm sure yours matches this but this is what mine looks like when I get info.

Attached Files:

10. trevrox thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes exept mine is track 1 of 17 and I even put album artist as Matchbox Twenty for all of them too, and checked off compilation because it is, and I have a different composer but that's nothing too big.

On a side note, you're a Matchbox fan? I love them, my second favorite band. I also love Rob Thomas' solo work.

11. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Yes I just added the new album Cradlesong to the iTunes Library. I'd love a new Matchbox CD, but the new Rob Thomas solo work is really good.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful with your iTunes problem. Sometimes iTunes just like's to be a pain in the ass.

12. trevrox thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh yeah I got that too. It's a really good album, and I would love some new Matchbox stuff too.