iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gabe1410, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Gabe1410 macrumors newbie

I just downloaded two songs from Limewire, but my iTunes won't add it to my library. I tried opening the songs with Quicktime, it worked.

PS: both songs are 320 kbps, about 11 mb.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Are the songs in MP3 format? Odds are they use a version of the ID3 standard for tags that iTunes doesn't understand - I've run into similar issues myself.

Try Googling "mac id3 tag fixer" and see if any of the results help you.

4. Gabe1410 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No need to use HREF tags, just use the [​IMG] button, insert the HTTP address, give it a catchy title and off you go.

Example:
    looks like
    [B][URL="http://triq.net/mac/mp3-validator-mac-os-x"]MP3 Validator[/URL][/B]​

7. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

cheers for the tip, spinnerlys.

i'm using typeit4me to insert predefined stuff in my forum posts.

for example, i type "url1" and the app expands it as
    [url="URL"][B][U]TEXT[/U][/B][/url] ​

i figure it's about the same effort as inserting the HTTP address etc.

additionally, i keep an extensive forum help datatbase (based on Bento). once a link is properly wrapped up, it goes into the database from where it's just copy 'n paste henceforth ... ;)

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Danke für den Hinweis mit TypeIt4Me, dat ja sieht nach 'nem feinen Programm aus. Knorke, wie die Jugend heute wohl nicht mehr sagen würde.

Wow, that feels and looks strange, writing int that language.

Anyway, I use Evernote for storing my frequently give answers, it allows even using the browser to access the data from everywhere, though it lists the entries not alphabetically in that online app.

I took a quick look at Bento when I was searching for some information storing device and found it a bit clumsy regarding accessing data.

9. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

indeed ! i reckon nowadays it's "Geil", though i'm not a youngster any more and i'm not kept in the loop ...

intriguing. maybe i'll give it a try.

perhaps you just haven't seen the right template. check out this free user contributed template.

you can sync the database with the Bento iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad app - no need to be online ;)

10. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Wobei "geil" ein ziemlich altes Wort ist und soweit ich weiß so etwas wie "frohwüchsig" bedeutet, doch in anderen germanischen Sprachen ist es eher von sexueller Bedeutung.

Do that, I find it one very good program and now with T4M it is even more powerful. Thanks again.

Evernote has a better overview of all notes than Bento seems to give me, and I don't really use those iDevices for online writing. Thanks anyway, T4M is more than enough. On to some memory training.

11. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

http://www.mp3lyrics.org/b/bruce-bongo/geil/

12. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

downloaded and installed Evernote. pretty cool.

however, i have 800+ entries in my Bento db. if i could figure out a way to import all that stuff into Evernote, i might actually make the switch - even though $ 45/anno for the premium version ain't cheap.

i'm not going to start from scratch or go about copying 'n' pasting one record after the other ...