Itunes Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheSVD, Nov 21, 2010.

1. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

I recently acquired an iBook G4. Because of the amount of music I have I wanted to stream from my iMac 27" Running Snow Leopard to the iBook G4 running tiger. The iMac is running the latest itunes (10.1) and the iBook is running itunes 8 seeing as it cant run itunes 10.

I choose to share my library on my network and it shows up in the iBooks sidebar in itunes, but then when I click on it it just selects it for about a second then just goes back to 'music'.

Why is this? Any fixes? It's driving me insane!!

Many Thanks :)

2. GGJstudios, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm not sure what you mean by "streaming", but if you're referring to Home Sharing, that feature was introduced in version 9, so you'd have to upgrade to take advantage of it.

iTunes: Troubleshooting Home Sharing

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I seem to remember that I could share my iTunes library in iTunes 4 on Mac OS X 10.3 and had to use some Java application to copy music from an open library to my computer.

Is that Home Sharing feature not the same, just with more klimbim?

OP, as you haven't stated what Mac OS X version you use, you can go up to iTunes 9.2.1 on 10.4 using a PPC Mac.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_version_history

4. TheSVD thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

by streaming I just mean when you can share your library over the network so other itunes can access it :)

Ah yes, sorry! the iBook runs 10.4.11, but I couldnt find an installation for itunes 9 anywhere :( where can I get one?

5. GGJstudios, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't think it's the same thing, but I wasn't using iTunes back then, so I'm not sure.
    iTunes 9.2.1

6. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Didn't see that. You know what I mean though?

7. TheSVD thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

thanks for that link, google didn't find it!

Getting itunes 9 worked, streams just fine now :) and now I can have my whole itunes library in my kitchen :D

Thanks a bunch everyone, I love how when I get stuck with macs I can come here and I WILL get an answer, its awesome! I love this place!

Thanks guys :)