iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swinneyn, Mar 11, 2011.

1. swinneyn macrumors member

swinneyn

I store my whole itunes library on my Time Capsule. It's pretty seamless most of the time, but since updating to 10.2.1 I've lost all iTunes library data. My media is still there on my Time Capsule, but iTunes opens like it's brand new. I've never had this happen before. Can anyone help me out?

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you opened iTunes and it couldn't communicate with the TC, it will automatically build a new media folder in the default location. Open iTunes>preferences>advanced, and change the path back to your TC.:)

3. swinneyn thread starter macrumors member

swinneyn

That was my first step,but it turns out it is routed to the TC, it's like the library data is gone and I can't find it. I've tried re routing the path to the TC over and over again, and it won't come back. :confused:

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Bummer, I was sure that was it. I wonder why iTunes is not building a new default if it can't see the library on the TC?

BTW how do you like the TC? I'm thinking of buying one.

5. swinneyn thread starter macrumors member

swinneyn

Well it's terrible for storing your iTunes media. haha Otherwise it is rather convenient to have my router and hard drive one and the same. It functions just as you'd assume, no pomp just simple and straightforward.